Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Custom Color! Vintage Desk Redux in Siena Sunset!










This is a before and after pic of a desk I just refinished in a custom color that I call "Siena Sunset."  I mixed the color myself, for a recent client who had seen another desk of mine, painted in a lighter shade of orange called, "Marmalade Glaze."  He was looking for something a little darker, like an Hermes Orange and I was more than happy to oblige him.  The desk has six coats of paint, applied by hand and two coats of hand applied wax.  The original brass hardware (which was caked with layers or tarnish) was cleaned and polished carefully, so as not to remove all of the patina, keeping its warmth intact.  I love the color and now am thinking if I could make some room in my place for a desk...

No comments:

Post a Comment